From introductory presentations to hands-on deep dives,
We provide a broad range of opportunities to learn about rainwater and greywater harvesting.
Water Harvesting Certificate Course
Our water harvesting certification course is designed to train homeowners and professionals alike on the intricacies of rainwater, greywater, and stormwater harvesting. With decades of experience as licensed contractors and educators, we have developed a unique curriculum with both in class and hands-on instruction for students:
- Design and build out rainwater harvesting and grey water harvesting projects.
- Learn the ins and outs of codes and permitting through real experiences.
- Perform maintenance and fixes on existing projects to see how these projects perform over time.
- Experience small scale residential and larger acreage projects.
- Includes supporting homework to help reinforce the material and a two part test at the end of the course
Host the Water Harvesting Certificate Course
Get all your projects knocked out at once!
- Must be prepared to invest in rainwater tank and parts for rainwater system and at least one greywater system
- Ideally, have some area of your yard that is not yet planted and needs some earthworks to catch rainwater/greywater
- This usually lasts multiple days (3-4) in one weekend or over a couple weekends
- 8-15 students
- Consultation is required to be a candidate for this
- Example costs for all inclusive workshop including tanks, parts, workshop fees might be about $5,000 - $7,500 depending on several factors.
We provide hands-on experiences for you to learn how to implement cost-effective water conservation solutions at home!
Attend a workshop
We periodically offer workshops where we complete a full laundry to landscape or rainwater tank installation during a half day or full day workshop.
- Get acquainted with the tools and parts
- Learn how to calculate your water budget
- Know the regulations and best management practices
- Understand how to design and develop efficient strategies
Host a Workshop
Would you like to host a greywater/rain harvesting workshop in your home? Hosting a workshop is a wonderful experience to get the job done with your friends, family and community by learning from our team of experts on site. Please fill out our form here!
If you haven't had a consultation/planning meeting, let's plan one! Even if you decide a workshop is not for you, you will still have the tools you need to get your project started, including an estimate from us to the work for you.
A half day workshop works for a full Laundry to Landscape Installation OR a simple rainwater tank installation. Or we can do both in a full day workshop.
- $350- $500 in parts
- $450 workshop fee
- $0-$150 for prep work
- A professionally installed laundry greywater system generally runs about $1000-$1500
- $250 rebate for the City of San Diego residents
Price can range based on the size of tank and number of downspouts. 500 gallon tank is the smallest we will install as a workshop.
- $950 for a 500 gallon tank including taxes and delivery
- $300-$600 in parts
- $450 workshop fee.
- 0-$250 for prep work
- A professional install for a 500 gallon tank might run between $1800-$2000 depending on many factors.
- up to $350 cistern rebate available for most Southern California Residents
We can do a laundry greywater and simple tank installation in the same day, see costs listed above. Full day workshop fee is approximately $850.
*actual pricing my differ from listed pricing
Ride the Tide
This annual event gives San Diego residents an opportunity to tour 5-7 homes by bike (or by car) that feature a variety of large rainwater storage and/or greywater systems combined with edible and drought resistant landscapes.
We offer coaching for new and emerging businesses and individuals by:
- Including them in our installations and workshops
- Attending onsite and phone consultations with their clients to help guide their designs
- Offering instructional materials and advice on installation
- Phone consultations to deepen design considerations before presenting to clients
We offer presentations to your business, community group, organization, school, custom tailored for the groups interests, in person or via zoom. Examples include:
- Building contractor presentation to inform staff about permitting and best management practices to include greywater and rainwater strategies at the onset of a project
- Elementary through college level classes introducing students age-appropriately to the broader issues facing California and specifically our region related to water and drought. Making connections about practical and effective conservation strategies
- Sustainability Organizations - introducing the broader issues related to water and drought, including some policy related issues. Introducing how greywater and rainwater help meet sustainability goals for water
- Plant Society presentation tailored to which water strategy is right for your plants
- Water Agencies looking to educate homeowners about greywater and/or rainwater policies and best practices.
I just had CatchingH2O install my greywater laundry system today. I cannot thank Brook enough for her work. The workshop was more than fun, we met amazing people who want to do what they can to play a part in water conservation. I made friends today AND found a new reason to enjoy doing my laundry. Every time I wash ...Read More
Brook is one of the most inspiring people I’ve met. She’s extremely knowledgeable, a great teacher, and it’s apparent how passionate she is about teaching others to harvest water (she also makes spending an entire day digging fun). I learned a ton in this course - it’s the perfect combination of classroom learning (so you understand the theory and where ...Read More
Working with CatchingH2O was an absolute joy. They did a remarkable job making recommendations on strategies following the site survey that suited my DIY nature. What really impressed me was the follow up idea to host a workshop at my home to address my budget constraints installing our laundry to landscape system. One year later, we have a greywater oasis ...Read More