About Catching H20
CatchingH2O is leading the charge in San Diego County for implementation of greywater and rainwater systems for residential and commercial projects.
We currently offer the following services:
We are committed to helping our community advance our water conservation ethic to better reflect our sense of place and create resilience for the people, animals, and plants that live here!
CatchingH2O is laser focused on providing solutions to San Diego’s water supply, stormwater pollution, and wastewater management issues. As licensed contractors in the specialized industry of water harvesting and conservation, we are uniquely positioned to implement well designed decentralized solutions. We know individual contributions create tremendous impact toward a larger water conservation strategy. From DIY classes, to design/planning, to installation, CatchingH2O can help the community conserve water, solve water related problems on site, and contribute to larger scale solutions.
As a company we value a team-based approach to everything we do. We are excited to add someone to our team who values this approach and is collaborative by nature, while also being able to lead in their respective role.
Catching H2O is looking for a foreman to join their team. The foreman would oversee daily operations at project sites to ensure the completion of high quality projects in a safe and efficient manner. The right person in this role is able to direct, supervise and troubleshoot routine issues that occur on the job site. Projects include residential and commercial rainwater and greywater infrastructure as well as landscape earthworks.
Responsibilities include plumbing, electrical, irrigation and general construction knowledge, as well as digging/trenching and landscape earthworks. The work is outdoors and may include being in crawl spaces.
The essential duties for the role include:
- Orient to our unique projects
- Understand project scope and providing support and leadership to the on-site crew
- Utilize our project management system to manage the project scope and communicate with the team
- Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, making changes when necessary due to weather, supply, delivery and personnel
- Coordinate crew schedules and project schedules
- Coordinate, order and bring materials to the site
- Learn and understand individual team members strengths
- Be able to delegate individual responsibilities and projects to crew members and contractors
- Manage the budget for labor and materials per project
- Document site as-builts and manage project documentation
- Utilize our internal file system
- Manage all maintenance clients
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunications quickly and amicably
- Excellent communication with owners and admin to ensure on time project deliverables and invoicing
We are focused on building women’s leadership in the construction industry and encourage women to apply.
The right person may not have all the experience necessary but can show the willingness and ability to learn quickly, and adapt with our growing business.
- Experienced contractor - preferred - Minimum 2 years. More experience is great but not required
- No license is required.
- Must have basic plumbing and electrical skills
- Ability to work in a crawl space or digging trenches/hauling mulch or rock
- Ability to solve construction problems, read plans, and work autonomously
- Must be friendly, customer oriented; clear and thorough communication with client is essential
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work well within a small team
- Must care deeply about the environment and sustainability
- Having your own truck is preferred
- Valid driver's license & clean driving record
Grow with our company. We love to incorporate your good ideas and constantly improve our products and services. We invite people who have a background in permaculture, design, landscape architecture, farming, engineering, electrical, or a desire to make a positive impact on our local watershed.
Need 2-3 references
Start in Fall of 2023 and join us on a couple projects to assess our ability to work together
- Initially begin as a 3-4 days per week
- Includes installation work and shadowing of maintenance work
- Hourly at $30/hour, depending on skill level, goes up to $35 after demonstrating independence in the field
- Profit sharing after six months with us of proven activity